GTA SA will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have the dvd version of gta sa, and its legit but it is my friend's. When i try to install, it will almost finish, then it will stop. about 2 min later a box pops up saying sumthing to the likes of;

Feature: GTA: San andreas audio
Component: streams
File: D:\audio\STREAMS\DS
error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

First of all, id like to know what that means.

Then, when i try to install it without audio via custom install, it install perfectly BUT, when i click on the .exe file or click play from the cd menu, i get a little hourglass nest to my mouse pointer for a couple secs, then nothing.

Thanks for your time

Ok, here's my best guess, and I'm about 90% sure that it's the cause of your problem. It's pretty logical and simple infact. The "cyclic redundancy check" error occures when the cd/dvd is scratched. You've gotten past that problem by not installing the gta radio.
But the new problem there is that the game still needs to use the dvd in order to be able to play the radio. The dvd is scratched, and that's why, in my opinion, the game doesn't start. It just endlessly waits for the radio to load from the dvd.

If that's not the problem, then the problem might be something I've encountered with a less legit version of the game :) , but it was a weird random start-not start problem, sometimes the game started, sometimes the same thing like you have happened, the cursor turned into an hourglass and came back to its normal state, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back