GTA : San Andreas announced (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDoMM

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Announced

Posted by Nicklas "worm" Renqvist @ Mon 2004-03-01 » Discuss!

Here's something to drool about (again):
ROCKSTAR GAMES ANNOUNCES GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

New York, NY - March 1, 2004 - Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

From : http://www.futuremark.com/news/?newsarticle=200403/2004030101#200403/2004030101

Um......PS2 EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!

I'm sure the PC sales didn't account for much in the 20 millions of GTA3 + VC combined.

If the PC was a good market, they wouldn't choose to ignore it.

ye, but GTA was born on the PC, it cant cost that much to convert it for PC format, mods like MTA (www.mtavc.com) have made GTA3 and Vice City one of my favourite online games, anyway, if GTA3 didnt do too well on the PC, surely they would have axed Vice City for the PC (which was even more popular)

Rockstar have gotten this one so wrong :mad:

looks like yet another PC born game has turned its back on us PC gamers.

Its funny how every game converted to the consoles becomes and instant hit, but when a console game (bar GTA3/VC) gets released on the PC its a spectacular failure.

Silent Hill games
Dino Crisis Games
Final Fantasy Games

Game developpers have been looking for a reason to move onto consoles for a long time. The better sales potential, the easier-to-program-for hardware & the fact that you can control the onli services in a more efficient way ( XboX live ) are pretty good reasons.

There is also the fact that PC developpers can move easilly to the consoles thanks to the PC-like design started by the XboX.

They might reconsider as well as they might abandon the PC platform for good. Only time will tell.

What about Halo? it crossed over quite well.
Personally I think GTA is the most overratted game since big game hunter and an equal waste of time.

Once again, I'm sure Halo on the PC hasn't sold as well as on the XboX.

On the XboX it was a killer game amongst not many, whereas on the PC there were a lot of good games out at the same time ( not to mention that some games looked quite better & did offer co-op multiplayer ).

PS. I'm far from being an XboX fan, I just happen to be cynical...;)

Keep in mind that GTA starte dout on the PC, but the format of the game (overhead view etc) was horrible. Rock Star took the ball and made that game what it is by redeveloping it into it's current state...I for one, cannot WAIT to get my hands on this release...it's one of those games you can keep on playing after you finish the storyline and never get bored with it...

PS. I'm far from being an XboX fan, I just happen to be cynical...

Do you have one? How can you be against such a fun, cheap toy?
:confused:

Prince of Persia in progressive scan and DolbyAC3 is one of the most immersive video gaming experiences of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back