GTA San Andreas not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LipsOfVenom

I just bought the second edition of GTA San Andreas and I can load up to the screen that shows the San Andreas logo with all the characters and all the copyright information, but after that I am reverted back to the windows XP screen with an error report. It's not a NO-CD error report though. I don't know exactly what the problem is. Rockstar support says that I need to have a separate PCI sound card installed, not the onboard sound from a motherrboard, is this true?

I am running the game no problems with integrated sound on my motherboard. In fact, I have slain many helpless innocent people and my onboard sound has been great. But the guilt is slowly catching up with me..... :D

Get it running somehow. This game is just plain FUN.

god this sux, i've searched the gta forums and a lot of other people have the same problem with the second edition, but there doesn't seem to be a solid fix for it.

By the way, I also am running 2nd edition (DVD).

Have you already tried updating all your drivers/bios?

i did actually...81.89 for nvidia video, got the latest realtek sound driver, and the latest drivers for my motherboard....my specifications seem fine.. a 6800GS with Pentium D 830 and 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM, Lite on DVD-RW, can't figure out what the problem is

Nah, it's just me waking up the the morning before work with a cup of coffee trying to learn stuff. Researching for others is a great way to learn.

That plus GTA is a fun game and I wanna get you smokin some pigs. ;)

haha i reinstalled GTA into the pre-defined folder C: program files blah blah and it works perfectly...that'll teach me to try being unique

Great news!!!! I love it when the answers are so simple.

Let me know what you think of the game. Best played with volume UP and lots of coffee in your system.

The exact same thing happened to me after I bought it. I had to actually use the NO-CD Crack to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back