Guide to linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone point me to a guide on insalling mandrake linux 7.2
i tried to follow the guide on installing red hat linux 8.1 but got lost .

I m a very newbie so it has to be real simple

Cheers

Check out the thread above entitled Installing Linux for the first time (Dual Boot). Basically, Phantasm66 and Mictalanteuchi walked me the complete install of Red Hat 7.2.

It is very easy to follow. Just read it carefully.

to be honest, there isn't a great deal of difference between installing red hat and installing mandrake. And when writing the guide, i couldn't really see any other way to make it any more simple.

you just have to think carefully and take your time.

you might benefit from doing a practice install just on a machine with no other operating systems first. this is what i always do when i want to learn installing something new, like freebsd for example.

i can of course be here to answer any questions that you have, as will other members, but in the end its up to you to take the plunge and do this yourself. There is more than enough information in my guide to help you through it. That's why the post is stuck at the top; I wrote that long post and certainly have no intention of repeatedly writing others. In the end, you have to do some of the work yourself.

as i said, there is little difference between mandrake and red hat install. its actually fairly easy, i think, certainly in contrast to earlier versions of linux which were a LOT harder to install...

so you really have to jump in the deep end. print the guide out and work your way through it.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back