Guides And Solved Issues Section Is Stupid

korrupt

With all due respect to everyone who helped make the tutorials and solved issues section, including Julio...

I don't see how a tutorial section is supposed to function WHEN ALL THE POSTS ARE GONE!! I spend about 4 hours making several tutorials and it hurts me that all but one of my tutorials are gone! I made a tutorial on choosing your computer hardware... This took me 2.5hours and had about 1200 words! This tutorial would have SAVED A LOT OF QUESTIONS!

I am simple outraged.

I hope this will be fixed soon because this really came as a shock to me.

Sorry for Title, but had to get your attention.

Regards,

Korrupt

Maybe we should do a guide on how to find old threads so you could find them. They're all there.

Attachments

• guides_listing.jpg
    guides_listing.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
That may be correct, but the average techspot user will not be familiar with that... I thought the whole purpose of a tutorial section was to lower the number of stickies in other sections. Whats wrong with leaving the threads there permanently? How else is it going to work?

Regards,

Korrupt

In case you haven't noticed yet, we don't move the or re-arrange the threads. They only show up if your user preferences are set to show threads older then a certain amount of time. It's not some conspiracy from the moderators or the forum owner to hide your threads.

indded. Set your preferences to show all threads instead of just the ones from the last 30 days.

Of course, if a user is set to only show threads from the last thirty days, that user can still find threads through google or through searching the site.

I am sorry, you are completely correct. I must have accidentally changed my settings throughout the process of stopping emails I get from techspots subscribed threads (had 190 in my inbox 2 weeks ago).

Once again, I am deeply sorry for raising this issue. My bad:(

I hope this didnt create a bad impression of me to anyone.

This thread may be removed.

Regards,

Korrupt

Hey, don`t worry about it mate.

We all make mistakes from time to time.

I`m glad your problem is solved.

This thread may help other members with the same problem, so I think it`s worth keeping.

Regards Howard :)

Korrupt did have a valid point. The most recently created boards were set to display only the last 30 days worth of posts. Of course this did not apply to registered users with custom settings but it did to guests. I have now checked all forums and they are set to show all posts.

Back