Guys, I've Got A Question For You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

I'm helping a friend put a system together and we're strongly looking at an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe for a 2800+. I like Asus boards (have a K8V Deluxe myself) and this one is feature-packed. There have been some posts on these boards regarding some stability/potential problems with these and I'd like your honest views please.

Thanky much.

Masque

The only posts bad-mouthing the A7N8X were talking about its "lackluster" OCing abilities ( compared to other nF2 boards by Abit or Epox ).

I don't remember anything bad being said about stability. It's a very good board, feature & performance wise.

You're quick Didou......not two minutes had passed since my post. LOL There won't be any OC'ing on this. Thanks for your quick response.....it's appreciated.

Thanks for watching out for me MASQUE. :grinthumb

Its on the way... My new gaming/ 3d graphics toy... True its not the worlds fastest RIG.. But for the money.. It should rock for me

VGA ATIOEM|RADEON 9800PRO 256M 8X%
MB NFORCE2 A7N8X-E DELUXE ASUS
CPU AMD|2800 /333 ATHLON XP BARTON
DDRAM 512MB|PC2700 32X8 KRETN RET

:cool:

KRETON 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700
Retail
Specification
Manufacturer: KRETON
Speed: DDR333(PC2700)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 2.7GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit

Well I see what type it is, it's just that's I've never heard of that brand before. I'd rather get Crucial / Kingston / Corsair, etc...

¬_¬;

Get branded ram. It's worth it. Also, if you can and it doesn't hurt to much, get 1GB of ram if you intent do do audio/video editing or image processing, corel draw or similars. Also if you program it will boost up your performance.

In general, if you are the kind that works in your computer and have a lot of apps running at a time, the extra ram will help.

Also if you program it will boost up your performance.

Well your goal as a programmer is to make the program run ( obviously :p ) but also to have the smallest footprint on system ressources so it's always a good thing to work on a slow, ressource limited machine to actually optimise the code to the fullest.

I'm not gonna say that you should program on a P200mmx with 64mb of Ram ( allthough... ), but don't go getting comfortable with an uber machine & expect your target audience to have machines of the same level.;)

Originally posted by Guardian
So what should I do? Send the Ram back and order the other or try this stuff out?

So why are you asking me here instead of calling me?

..."end of thread"...

Well I have it up and running. I have not had the time to put the hurts to it yet :knock:

I did get Army Ops loaded and cranked it up.... It made a big difference.

One thing that did blow me away was once I got the Bios all set and went to load the OS on it. (Win. XP pro.) It would not boot up. I would get this black screen with some wording about the PC and , Then the darn thing would start to talk to me. Telling me that it was going to boot the HD? I'm looking at it like.. WTF? This PC just told me what it was going to do.. It then restarted, and did this same thing 6 more times while I had my nose stuck in the manual. Then I realized what I did.. I forgot to switch the first boot form floppy, to CD... OOP's :

But I thought it was really cool that my PC will talk to me and tell me what I'm doing wrong... It's almost as good as the help MASQUE gives me.

Thanks for the help all.

P.S. that ram I ordered. Seems to be doing fine. It also has a lifetime guarantee. And I friend of Masque and mine used to retail it in a store down in OHIO. He said, " When he worked there they never had any issues come up with it. ANY way I will keep you all posted if I fine a problem with it.

Originally posted by Guardian
Well I have it up and running. I have not had the time to put the hurts to it yet :knock:

I did get Army Ops loaded and cranked it up.... It made a big difference.

One thing that did blow me away was once I got the Bios all set and went to load the OS on it. (Win. XP pro.) It would not boot up. I would get this black screen with some wording about the PC and , Then the darn thing would start to talk to me. Telling me that it was going to boot the HD? I'm looking at it like.. WTF? This PC just told me what it was going to do.. It then restarted, and did this same thing 6 more times while I had my nose stuck in the manual. Then I realized what I did.. I forgot to switch the first boot form floppy, to CD... OOP's :

But I thought it was really cool that my PC will talk to me and tell me what I'm doing wrong... It's almost as good as the help MASQUE gives me.

Thanks for the help all.

P.S. that ram I ordered. Seems to be doing fine. It also has a lifetime guarantee. And A friend of Masque and mine used to retail it in a store down in OHIO. He said, " When he worked there they never had any issues come up with it. ANY way I will keep you all posted if I fine a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back