hacktool.rootkit- I don't know what to fix from my HJT logfile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Norton Antivirus 2005 installed. I've got myself with the hacktool.rootkit virus, found in "remon.sys" file. I installed HJT, obtained a logfile, but I don't know how to read it and what to fix. Can anyone help me, please?
I use this computer for 2 days with Norton Antivirus 2005 preinstalled. All the updates are done, all the windows xp updates were done, and I still got this problem. I have another computer with win xp and kaspersky antivirus and antihacker on it, but never got this hacktool.rootkit problem in one year.?!

Thank you!

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

open your task manager, and end process for(if there)
Sc32Inch.exe

Close task manager.

Let HJT fix this.

O23 - Service: Socks-Cap (Sc32Inch) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Sc32Inch.exe

Close HJT.

Click start/run, and type services.msc into the run box, and press the enter key.

When the window opens, maximise it, and locate the above 023 entry. Double click on it, and select stop if it`s running. Set the startup type to disabled.

Click apply/ok.

Locate the following bold file, and delete it.

C:\WINDOWS\Sc32Inch.exe

Boot into normal mode, and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

Thank you, Howard !
I'm sure it would have worked, but I've already reinstalled Windows.... damn viruses and norton antivirus, which is crap ! go for kaspersky, guys !

Oh well. At least you know your computer is clean now.

I agree that Norton is crap lol.

These forums are full of problems caused by Symantec/Norton crapware.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back