Hair + Fan = PAIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mask

O.k.
Forgive me for sounding noobish, this is my first post.
I recently got into modding computers. Bought a new case, cannibalized my old crappy dell mobo, bought new fans, etc. After hooking everything up right and short-circuiting a 1GB flash drive on accident, everything's hooked up. My fan that I bought is a Thermaltake Iflash Mini 80mm Fan w/ Temperature Display seen here: http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-iflash-mini-80mm-fan.html

This is where I go from computer geek to complete retard.

I have long hair... shoulder length...It got a little too close to my fan and got stuck...very painful T__T

Short story is, the circuit board that lights up and displays the temperature got caught in my hair. Once I put everything back together, it doesn't light up anymore. The circuit board has extenders that attach to the fan and spin. It's removable with a sticky paper attaching it to the fan (in the center so it spins around to make the text) with no connections from the circuit board to the fan at all; so i'm assuming it has some IR signal being sent from the fan itself.

Is there some way i can find out whats wrong and or fix it? I can't return the fan, i had to solder it to a dell fan connector to plug in. Any suggestions on what to try? the fan spins, but the LED lights wont light up at all.

Bummer...

sounds like you burned something. Only way to see what works is to switch out parts which is a pain.

That's a hot fan, It's 10 dollars at radio shack. I know your pain, I have long hair too....I'd say buy a new one, or return it..

How was the weather outside the day that that happened?

Dry weather = more static electricity on your body/hair.

gavilan said:
How was the weather outside the day that that happened?

Dry weather = more static electricity on your body/hair.

lol no one usually considers that, this is the best question asked on this forum thus far being as though most of us are pc fanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back