Half Life 2 on sale in US on November 23rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Hmm... now, haven't we all heard this one before? Certainly we have. After disappointment after disappointment, I am not sure I believe anything to do with HL2 until I actually see the boxes on the shelves of stores. However, according to Tomshardware, the release date for HL2 has been set for November. Valve have apparently released their code to VU, and according to a recent report, HL2 will be on sale in the US on November 23rd of this year. Yeah, sure. I will believe it when I have that rocket launcher in my "hands".

That day has also been mentioned by several other sites, many of them with different sources..

You can read more about that here (scroll down to the heading "Unconfirmed release date")

"Artificial Intelligence can never replace Human Stupidity"

Human Stupidity is Artificial Intelligence

from DW UK

Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday
October 6, 2004, 2:30 pm · valve
Tomorrow at 11 am PST, the Half-Life 2 Steam offers will be ready for purchase. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

ATI/Half-Life 2 bundle owners may redeem their product key for the Bronze offer or apply their key toward the purchase of either the Silver or Gold offers, receiving a credit equal to the price of the Bronze offer.

Also tomorrow, the Counter-Strike: Source beta will close. Valve would like to thank the thousands of gamers who participated in the beta and helped make it a success.

For more detailed information, please visit www.steampowered.com.

WoW! That's what I get for being a good student and not checking this site as often as I should...

I wonder what this means for the Vivendi/VUG vs Valve case.... Will we see a boxed version one of these days, or have Valve decided to ****** Vivendi?
(Sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but I'm reading back to front...)

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday

A quick visit to GameSpot answered by question:
Valve has announced that online orders for Half-Life 2 via the developer's Steam downloading service have begun. While the oft-delayed first-person shooter still does not have a concrete release date, those who order the game will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. That game's beta has now officially

Read the full story here...

But it's a somewhat nice deal for the customers. You pre-order HL2 now, and get to play CS:Source immediately...
Though you'd better hope that that game doesn't get a 6 months wait because of the lawsuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back