Half-Life 2 Speed Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this (https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68921.html) via Googling for a solution to speed up my Half-Life 2 installation. I decided to register because the people replying there seemed really polite and knowledgeable and I hope that you guys/girls can help me out with my awful HL2 performance. I put the settings well below what is "suggested" in the HL2 video options and I still have dire performance. Please help!

Thank you so much in advance.

I disabled all non-necessary services. Cleaned up my HD, defragged. Cleaned the registry, optimized it. Ran nTune automatic tuning for six hours last night.

OS - WinXP Media Center (not sure it it matters)
CPU - AMD Turion64 x2 Mobile TL-50
RAM - 1.46 GB
GPU - nVidia Geforce Go 6150 256MB

Thanks again!

EDIT: I just noticed I named this thread the same as the previous. Sorry..

The problem might be the integrated graphics aren't powerful enough to give you satisfactory performance. I don't have experience with this particular "card" so I can't really say for sure.

Have you installed the most recent driver for your integrated graphics?

Are the graphics card driver settings (from Nvidia Control Panel) set appropriately? Antialiasing & anisotropic filtering off, texture quality to high performance etc.?

I managed to play HL2 with a Geforce 6100 onboard "card", and it ran pretty good, of course, I had to lower the resolution to 800x600, and the details to Low (some on Medium).

Of course it didn't look that good, but at least it was completely playable.
If I'm not mistaken, HL2 "can" run in DX7 mode, so it should run much faster in that mode.

However, graphics quality would be downgraded a lot :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back