Halo 2 loves bees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

The observant and smart-eyed from among you may have noticed the "www.ilovebees.com" URL touted in the new Halo 2 trailer hitting sweeping movie theatres lately. Anyone curious enough to follow this URL to the www.ilovebees.com site would find an amateur site for a Californian bee farm called "Margaret's Honey" resides at this URL. So what has this got to do with HALO 2, then?

If you linger at the site a little longer, you will start to really scratch your head when you see the words "PHASE 1 COMPLETE: Network throttling has eroded" appearing. What is this mystery? Well, it's a complex viral advertising campaign to promote HALO 2, where the story is told via a series of fake Web sites laden with clues that readers can use to solve the story's central mystery.

Read the full story here.

I think this title may even convince a few of you pc hardliners to step away from the mouse for a few frags from the comfort of the couch.

Originally posted by Godataloss
I think this title may even convince a few of you pc hardliners to step away from the mouse for a few frags from the comfort of the couch.
I think the PC version of Halo 2 will eventually be released. So I'll wait ....

Why wait? For less than half the cost of a next-gen gfix card, you can buy an xbox and Halo 2 and play as soon as it comes out.
(I'll play the pc version too, though.)

I did play Halo PC but found it to be a run of the mill FPS. It was okay but was deeply flawed in a few major ways. And it had nothing exceptional for the PC gamer. Hopefully they've learned from the first game and have fixed most of the problems. Even if they do, good luck pulling a pc exclusive gamer away from his next upgrade to buy an xbox and a game or two ;)

Regarding the ilovebees website, its nothing more than a good marketing stunt (it got posted on TechSpot after all) which makes it wholly uninteresting.

Well, at least it works in Opera and Netscape and not only IE :)

(Was a bit unsure since Halo is an MS product (but a quick page source read solved that :))

It "works" on Firefox, but is missing the background, among other things.

It's also missing the Countdown! ;)

Countdown

Isn't the site showing ther countdown for the release of Halo2?

If you load the site and remember the number it is smaller when you re-load it. Surely they'll release it when the timer hits zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back