HALO enormously high ping...PLZ HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, after all the hype, i've gotten halo for my computer. i'm in college, in a dorm room, so i'm not sure what type of connection i have. the first week or two of playing online was absolutely awesome...i'm hooked. which is why i'm so desperate right now...

about a week ago, my connection in the multiplayer games went down the shoot. i'm now pinging as high as over 2000!!!!!! when i do a "get list" for multiplayer, its only bringing up between 20-40 servers, where as i used to find over 200. once i click to "connect" to one, the first thing that happens is it says: "negotiating connection to server"...the it has to retry the connection a few times before it lets me through. once i get in though, that little bad-connection icon in the lower left hand side of the screen flashes constantly, throwing my player all over the screen making everything really really jumpy. other players constantly complain about my extremely high ping. how is my ping over 2000??????? and how did this all happen all of a sudden?

if anybody can help me out, PLEASE do!!! i need multiplayer! this is sooo frustrating!!! i'll be forever in your debt!

Weird!!

Sounds like a case for one of our members here, Didou.

To me, it sounds like someone blocked the port the games uses.. thats my best guess. Not too sure :hotbounce

if thats the case

if thats the case, agissi, is there anyway around that?! DIDOU, wherever you are, i need you!!!

also thought i'd throw this in:

1.) i was linked to a site to take a speed test, took it, and it reffered me to the Tweak Test. So far, the Tweak Test wont work...keeps timing out.
2.) i dl'd the All Seeing Eye, after hearing about it, and upon attempting to "Auto-Detect my Connection Settings", it fails, saying the connection is too unstable.

Has any of your other internet traffic slowed as of late?

Have you installed anything else on your computer? Such as a search bar, stock ticker,or weatherbug?

When was the last time you did a virus scan on your machine? Virus def update?

yeah...nets been rough too for some reason

no, nothing else installed, though weatherbug has been there all along

virus scans weekly with norton...i always attend to that

It sounds to me like someone is downloading stuff. Do you know how many people share your connection? If someone has a warez site, or a virus they would impact your connection as well.

If you or someone you love is seeding torrents, your ping will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back