Halo trail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aa Defence

Well, i downloaded the trial, and i wanted to play multiplayer. So i start my own game, my friend tries to get on and he can't. it says he's being rejected by my server. anyone have any idea?

:unch: Maybe your (or his) firewall is preventing the connection.

I haven't had too much luck with this game on my lan either. Too much lag for some reason. :hotouch:

You might have the norton firewall... and Also if you have a router that will probably have a firewall, and you would have to foward the ports.

what? i think norton has a firewall thingy, but i'm on a wireless laptop runnin on my homes linksys. So do you think i should just let norton let halo through?

Even if i did that though, if you think about it, wouldn't that make it so i couldn't go on other peoples games?

if its not norton firwall, could be windows firewall. Or some network settings got screwed up.

No... Norton firewall usually disables Windows Firewall, so you would have to allow halo on norton and then, you are using a router so you will have to go into the router settings and allow incoming and outgoing connections on whatever port halo uses.

well... the norton i can do, but i don't think there are any restrictions on my internet connection (the linksys is connected directly to the cable)

thanks for the help, i'll try it out =]

Well, won't buying the full version fix things up? I mean, its a relatively old game so u should be able to get it pretty cheap, right? Just a thought. Does ur friend have the full version? If so, maybe that's why he can't connect to ur server.

well, he has full but he plays on the trial.

And i don't really earn any money, let alone actually tell my parents i'm playing M games...

ok, so they know i play it, but i'm not that interested in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back