Happiest Man Alive! I AM :-))

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

Hey :

Today I'm the happiest man alive!!!! I Love & Adore your forums ... I'm a self taught computer technician SW/HW ... And I'm learning soooo much here u cannot imagine ;-) ... As we speak I'm creating an updated version of my Vista Ultimate by "Slipstreaming" more than 100 updates to it ...

Anywho, I've had my PC ever since 2003 (never had the need to upgrade) and I've been "Tweaking" & Upgrading it and now I can't upgrade anything in it no more :-(( ... But after reading many of the posts here I noticed that I was nothing but a mere n00b Technician ... The good news is I'm growing thanks to "TechSpot" ...

1 other thing, I've just built my site for my clients here in Lebanon with you guys in mind. A "Techspt" Clone inf you wish but with other stuff ... The problem is I'm not getting any users to my forums :-(( .. I've added my site to Google but still no users ... Does any1 know how I can get users to visit my site and be "Active"?

I love to help people in the "Computer" domain that's why I have my site ... So please help a Brother Technician out ;-)

10x in advance you guys ...
May The Force Be With You
Always !!!!

It takes time for the Google search bots to find new websites. You can speed this up by careful selection of your hosting co and also by paying Google some money!
Keep at it!

it's been 3 months ... I see my site on google but still no users . :-(( can u help me ? My site is a WareZ and Technology And Music Site ... It has 2 forums 1 for WareZ & TechSupport and 1 For Music ....

Perhaps you should fork out a bit on advertising. I don't think google itself is enough at the beginning. Once your site is better known you will be able to lay off the advertising.

If your site is borderline illegal or contains illicit warez and music sharing, Google will not promote it. By illegal, I do not mean something that might be legal in your own country!

well I call it warez but it ain't 100% warez it's only 10% warez the rest of it is just TechSupport ... And Retail stuff ...

I checked out your site, it appears that you have required people to register before they can do anything. most forums (techspot included) allow anybody to view the site content without restrictions, they don't have to register until they want to post something. people are not likely to go through the registration process without knowing what the site offers.

another option would be remove the registration requirement altogether until you get a good base of regular posters. you can start by creating threads on topics that spark discussion, such as politics, global warming, etc. as the admin you can edit or delete these topics as you see fit. the objective is to get people posting (even if they're not posting about the subjects that interest you).

as far as tech support goes, I wouldn't expect that section to take off for a while. but perhaps you can jumpstart it by posting some guides or tutorials that would come up in a google search, then people who read them may have additional questions to ask.

again, I think the main problem that will hurt a forum site in the beginning is the registration requirement. as of now, people don't know if your site is legitimate so most would be unwilling to enter any personal information. once you get a active base of posters, then you can require registration (but only after you have established your site as a helpful and discussion-friendly place)

good luck :wave:

10x man I'm working on it right now as we speak ... will let anybody see but as far as links go well I wanna hide them from unregisterd users .. how to do that I will ask the proper people .. 10x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back