Hard Disk Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new here and hope I'm in the right spot. I have a Fujitsu MPG3204AT, 20 GB. Win ME was getting rather unstable, so I ran scanreg /restore. The pc boot-up was fine but came up hard disk failure. Power and cables fine. Went into bios where pri was listed as none. Entered manually with no results, and the same on auto. I have power to the conn., but can't hear the hd motor or feel much vibration. Pretty smooth hd, right? Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Put the drive in another computer or at least on the secondary IDE controller to be sure.

If BIOS can't autodetect it and the cables/power/jumpers are OK, then it's pretty clear your drive has gone to HD heaven.

No go.

I forgot to say that I hooked it up to the secondary with the same results, but I took your suggestion and put it in my h/p, again, the same results. Not many more and I guess I won't have to buy that new boat anchor this year. Thank you for your assist.

sounds like an old oem drive that need replaced
need to get data off drive
you can try a few methods like the freeze and heat ,but I only had that work along time ago with the older motors
can try to take apart and drill small hole in the top where the motor drive screw is and spin up with another motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back