Hard disk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

i have 2 hard disk,one using sata 2,an other one using IDE.
the sata hard disk is using for window,IDE hard disk is using for secondary storage. after i attached the secondary hard disk make it as slave, cpu cannot boot,i've tried to set the order of boot device in BIOS,but the order of the boot device cant be switch.

This problem has been discussed before. You shouldn't run mixed hard drives (SATA and IDE). Not that you can't do it, but because you can run into this exact problem, even if you are only using the IDE for secondary storage.

Switch your IDE jumper to master as mentioned, or maybe cable select if you are using a cable select cable, and maybe switch your SATAs around. I have 2 sata and 2 IDE running, and it just required a bit of poking about. Make sure you have the latest BIOS, which may enable you to change the boot order.

yap,i've switch the master jumper,still not working.u're telling me to update the BIOS?i've tried to disable it boot from IDE hd, but it cant be disable.
the boot order was
1st cd-room
2nd IDE hd
3rd sata hd

Maybe i don't understand this topic well but its not possible to fail to boot becoz u have a sata, the ide 1 & ide 2, first make the first IDE Primary Master with the JUMPER, then u can connect another one on Primary as Slave, and if u intend to connect another one on Secondary, make it Master too, the other Slave. Sata is Uses different Address and busses. so all i can ask u is pliz tell me the problem again and what did u do.Then i will give a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back