Hard Drive and VISTA download question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRunyon

I recently reformatted my Hard Drive to install my copy of Windows XP on it (I didn't like Vista)... I now have two questions for you.

1. I am supposed to have a 400gb hard drive but when I reformatted it only recognized 127gb of it... how can I resolve this issue and unlock the rest of my hard drive? ---- Nevermind, I did a quick google search and this is a common windows xp thing... I have to use third party software to re-partition my drive.

2. Where can I download the setup file that will upgrade me from XP back to Vista if I decide one day that I want to play a video game that requires you to have DX10? Can I get my Vista CD, too? I can use the CD key on the sticker on the side of my case, right?

Thanks!

1. You need to install XP with SP2, or partition/format the drive with something other than the original XP install (no SP).

2. There isn't a setup file, its on a dvd. If your computer came with restore disks you will have to use those. There is a chance if you obtained an OEM install of the same Vista that you had before that your key would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back