Hard Drive Backup Solution - Symantec Drive Image 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to backup my 2 XP PCs with this product (Symantec Drive Image 7). Can anyone comment on this scenario. I should have said that I want to output to a USB 2.0 External Hardrive.

Works fine. It will allow you to copy the drive while working in Windows (most programs require that you reboot).

Of course, the trade off is reliability. Drive image 7 is plagued with bugs and problems, many of which the latest patch address, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are still a few big ones in there.

But yes, this program will be perfect for your scenario as long as your external hard drive has enough free space for images of both PCs.

Originally posted by Rick
Works fine...... .......

Of course, the trade off is reliability. Drive image 7 is plagued with bugs and problems, many of which the latest patch address, but it wouldn't surprise me if there are still a few big ones in there.

But yes, this program will be perfect for your scenario as long as your external hard drive has enough free space for images of both PCs.

I have used this program for a couple years, with no problems, Rick your the first I have heard this opinion from. Although I will admit 2 things .My copy is pre Symantec takeover ,ver 7.01( which I will not update at Symantec without a fight) and ,I have never done a poll!

Squeaky I use the exact same setup for my back-ups. I use file verification which is slow , But I have a clean install image file ,then I only back up Data to seperate Image to speed things up.. (just a hint that you might can use.)

Symantec's phylosophy (Judging by it's AV program Gloat) I find intrusive . Diskeeper and Powerquest takeovers are designed to eliminate Ecellent competition.Now Symantec has no vested interest in creating products that consumer's want,Just a product that Symantec thinks the consumer needs.
I will hang on to my Pre Symantec Versions of Diskeeper and DrveImage as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back