Hard Drive Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

SageOfTheWabash

I have a Western Digital WD500KS Serial ATA hard drive. I purchased a Kingwin KH350SEU-BK enclosure only to find that I couldn't get it to work. Could someone suggest some enclosures that will work with this size SATA drive?

Well you need.....

an external enclosure for a SATA drive. Actually, you can buy SATA cables that mount in an expansion slot, (coming from your board). At that point you can almost use a cigar box, ALMOST. Just get an enclosure for a SATA drive and you should be good to go. Sorry man, I don't feel like wading through page after page on Newegg to come up with a recommendation. I would probably be wrong anyway. Just as a tease, Newegg lists 79 external enclosures for SATA. That's way more decision than I'm capable of making. Again sorry.

I'm not sure how you managed to get one that doesn't work. I'd expect any external sata enclosure to work with 500 gigs. I've got a fairly old IDE external enclosure and it handles up to 500 gigs (got a 500 in it now).

Don't the products say what size they are good up to on newegg? My guess is you could randomly pick any of the first 10 listed and they'd work.

Any 3.5" enclosure should work. Alternatively, you can get rails to mount the HDD into the 5.25" bay(s) inside the PC if you want. (Thanks SNGX ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back