Hard drive failure is imminent, won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I'll try to describe this the best I can

I have a Western digital HDD. When I start my computer it will tell me drive failure imminent, back up hard disk and have it replaced, F2 to continue. When I hit F2 I get a black screen and nothing happens. Now I've tried to put the HDD in my other computer (the one I'm using now) as a slave so I can run scan disk on it but heres the prob with that.

I start the second computer up, it does the IDE drive check and everything is fine, goes to the second load screen (where it shows bios info ect.) and stops on the WD HDD and won't do anything else.

thats the best I can explain it at this point. HELP!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds to me like your hard drive has already failed.

It might be possible to revive your hard drive just long enough for you to get your data off of it.

Take a look at this article HERE

I can`t guarantee that this will work, but it may be worth a try.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

well its broke, can't fix it

Hey thanks for the reply Howard, I tried a couple of things form that site and nothing worked..:( guess this means I have to buy xp os and a new hard drive too.... :eek: well what can you do? before this happend I had just bought a K8N Neo4/SLI MOBO, Athlon 64 3200, 450 watt SAGA ps, and tower case... was going to use that HDD and still need a GFX card. its all good, will have it soon.

thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back