Hard Drive is Alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I having problem with my external Hard drive(Segate 200GB hard drive ST320082 2A) File system NTFS. I have been using it with no problems for the past 8 mths.. till 2 days ago..i was dowloading some stuffs.. in bitcomet then suddenly it jammed n the hard drive gave this sound when u switch the hard drive off u hear this stoppin of the spin kinda sound ..tat followed by a click. It was doing this constanly over n over again.I switched of the pc. And the next day.. i switched on the pc n hard drive.. same sound spin n a click n my windows couldnt detect the hard drive.. i couldnt open ie ,my computer n etc.. i unplugged it few times.. nothing worked n finally i let it run in tat manner for a day.. n then tdy i am seeing the hard drive under my computers but if i click on it to see the files it jams n is not responding.

So folks help me out i have many important files in the hd and hope i could save the hard drive.If there is some free sharware to solve this pls do tell me..the seatools didnt work on this cos it shows tat its not updated for SMART tools.. Help!!

Thank you very much for ur help n time

response

hey the same problem is with me and also am not able to find the solution.The problem may be that the virus have corrupted ur hard disk and now what u have to do is only bought a new one

Was the drive a referb when you bought it? Sound like it may be on the way out. I had the same issue not long ago with my laptop HD. It started to click.. then it died. Try running a hardware diag on it. you will be able to download it from the drive manufaturer.

Your drive is dead dude. Your best bet is any time its working to pull the data off to another hard drive as quickly as possible. Maybe even physically take the drive out of its holder in the case and have a fan blowing on it to keep it as cool as possible.

Your only other options are to pay an insane amount of money to have a professional service recover the data, or try the "freezer trick".

Alma

Who ever reads this, can you please tell me how to fix my computer when it's
giving me a masg. that saids that the "primary hard disk drive 0 not found" Do you have any idea how to fix the problem.

PM for data retrieval
like said it's sad drive is dead
the noise is head crash
all those that read this
buy a good backup drives are cheap now
cheaper then your time putting back or getting your info back
like that wedding movie or your kids picnic images

good luck

It's not dead....not yet.

Samstoned said:
PM for data retrieval
like said it's sad drive is dead
the noise is head crash
all those that read this
buy a good backup drives are cheap now
cheaper then your time putting back or getting your info back
like that wedding movie or your kids picnic images

good luck

Ok after seeing all the Ur Hard Drive's Dead ! replies.. i am both sad n confused abt my hard drive cos u see.. my pc now detects the external hard drive.. it shows all its folders,sub folders n stuff.. i even deleted some files but.... it is slow.. in showing the files.. and when i click on a video.. it takes abt a min to start and then plays n then pauses for abt 10 secs n then plays on ..only to do this again... ..so now i dont think its dead as i can read the files but why is it laggin.... Is it dying!?! Pls help me.. i need to save the files..

Some infos:
The windows shows tat the device is working properly.
The sound of spin n a light click is still there.
The hard drive is new.. not yet a year old.
I have used 186gb of its 200gb.
Have never defrag it yet.
The diagnostics file for my seagate HD at the site is of no use.

pls help folks.. thanks

Divineman said:
Ok after seeing all the Ur Hard Drive's Dead ! replies.. i am both sad n confused abt my hard drive cos u see.. my pc now detects the external hard drive.. it shows all its folders,sub folders n stuff.. i even deleted some files but.... it is slow.. in showing the files.. and when i click on a video.. it takes abt a min to start and then plays n then pauses for abt 10 secs n then plays on ..only to do this again... ..so now i dont think its dead as i can read the files but why is it laggin.... Is it dying!?! Pls help me.. i need to save the files..

Some infos:
The windows shows tat the device is working properly.
The sound of spin n a light click is still there.
The hard drive is new.. not yet a year old.
I have used 186gb of its 200gb.
Have never defrag it yet.
The diagnostics file for my seagate HD at the site is of no use.

pls help folks.. thanks

Your drive is still dying it's taking it's time going bit by bit you may see some folders etc now but in the next moment you wont see anything at all, windows reporting that the device is working properly doen't mean much as long as Windows can detect the drive is there and it can acess the system files etc for it to run it's happy, the sounds the drive was making is that of the heads crashing it can't be fixed parts of the drive will have already failed, as already mentioned backup your stuff and look at getting a new drive or if still under warrenty take it back and get a replacement.

try to keep as cool as you can while removing your data
then if still under warrenty send back RMA

Samstoned said:
try to keep as cool as you can while removing your data
SNGX1275 earlier in the thread said:
Maybe even physically take the drive out of its holder in the case and have a fan blowing on it to keep it as cool as possible.
Glad you could offer that suggestion Samstoned :stickout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back