Hard drive not found after format

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

well some one who i know brought there pc for me to fix when i try to format it i keep getting ntds.dll error or w.e now i never popped open the case etc to check hardware so anyway she takes pc home and now all of a sudden she says there is no hard drive in the pc and blaming it on me saying i took her hard drive...is it possiable to even run the xp cd with no hd connected?

which is very strange and need to get this cleared up befor i get blamed for something i did not do etc.seeing as i have 3 hard drives 250 gigs each i have no use for her 100 gig hd etc.

I don't think that using the reasoning "I did this so it is impossible that I stole your HDD" is going to help in your situation. She can't know for sure what you did or didn't do so I doubt it will help convince her. Tell her to her face that you didn't do it and if you want to help her ask if anyone else has looked at the PC before you did... investigate some

well i told her already and she said when the guy opend her pc there was no hard drive mind you when she brought her pc here i ran the reinstallation of the xp cd it ran when re adding the files it just gave non stop dll errors after that i told her i did not know what was wrong so a few days later she got back the pc etc then this week she contacts me about the hard drive issue.

yea well when she brought the pc for me i put in the xp cd it ran but when replacing files it gave non stop dll errors and would not format xp.the question is can the cd even run with out a hd in the pc and then after a certin point just give errors?cause something does not seem right.

When you boot the pc with an xp cd, it will show everything. But it will also tell you about where the storage medias are. It won't just continue without anything. If you disconnect the HDDs and boot with XP cd, you'll see the errors/warnings it'll give you. But in this case... I'm not sure, 'cause you say it went on replacing files, so ther must be something there to copy files in. And after that it gave errors!... That usually happens if there are problems with any storage media that's being used...
Sorry I can't help...
But I did boot my pc without the HDD connected and that's how it went...

Yeah.. as armin_elec said, you can't install or overwrite files on a storage media if there is no storage media... However as to how the HDD disapeared? That's strange in and of itself. Generally, if an install is giving constant dll errors then the chances are that either the HDD was screwed or the CD is damaged.

ok well this is what im going to do seeing as u guys said i can run the xp cd until a certin point and stop im going tot ell her bring her pc back and see if it happens as it did befor if so that means when she brought the pc here the hard drive was missing thats all i wanted to know..if not then i guess im stuck either way again

I think you should get yourself a bit more experience before offering to fix peoples PCs. If not, you can get yourself into big dodo.

Rather strange a HDD is missing and nobody knows about it. Did someone try to fix it before you? The "guy" who looked at it after you, does he know what a HDD looks like? How do you know it was a 100Gig HDD if there was no HDD?

well shes saying it was a 100 gig hd and ive always helped people with there pcs never had this problem befor but from the errors i got i told her it seems like a hd problem but i never opend up her pc..to be honest i dont buy low end stuff for my pc she had some dell or something.but ill make her bring back her pc ill run the xp cd again if same issue happens which means nothing was in there when she brang her pc here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back