Hard drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I resently bought a WD raptor that i wanted to use solely for my OS, and keep my IDE WD 80 gig for everything else. The problems i am having is setting up my 80 gig. Does anyone have any advice?

to get help yor going ot have to provide more info than , "I am having problems". Specificaly what problems are you having and what hardware and OS are on your system.

OS = XP pro
System = AMD 64 3000+
Asus K8N Nforce 3 mobo
1.5 gig pc 3200 ram
X800XL
Problems = bios recongnizes the 80 gig IDE, but windows (which is on the raptor ) doesnt recognize the 80gig (which i want to use as data storage)

Okay, go to administrator tools==>Computer managment==>Disk managment==>
Select the drive you're going to use for data, and rightclick format. And Assign it a drive letter, prefurabally one that is not in use.

has the 80 gig IDe been partitoned and formated? does it show up in administrative tools\computer management\disk management?

It's a brand new drive. So it won't be partitioned. And Every storage device attached to the computer will be shown. If not, then maybe faulty ide cable.

iss said:
has the 80 gig IDe been partitoned and formated? does it show up in administrative tools\computer management\disk management?

the 80gig is unpartitioned, but it does show up in device manager

Sean said:
Okay, go to administrator tools==>Computer managment==>Disk managment==>
Select the drive you're going to use for data, and rightclick format. And Assign it a drive letter, prefurabally one that is not in use.
ok thx it worked i had to improvise a little i made it a dynamic drive then formated it a simple volume thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back