Hard drive "semi" detected :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,
i have this issue with my computer where i have two hard drives, both are detected in bios, but when i get into windows xp i can only access one of them, as only on of them is showing up in my computer. While in device manager it shows up that both hard drives are connected :/
in my task bar i have safely remove hardware which also gives me the option to safely remove both harddrives...
this problem occured when i tried to create a raid setup, but midway into the installation when i needed to use a floppy disk, i found out that an external usb floppy drive couldnt be used... so i just installed it the normal way, and boom ive got this problem.
im running windows xp pro, with an asus a8n-slideluxe motherboard and two seagate 120gb sata drives, plugged into the non raid slots on the mobo.
If you have any suggestions or solutions could you please post them.
Thankyou

This might sound silly, but have you partitioned and formatted the drive? You'll need to do this first before Windows can assign a drive letter to it.

Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc

Thankyou very much Rick, it occured that my second undetected hardrive was unallocated, and now it is fixed thankyou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back