hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all just a quick one running win 2k all ok at mo after three installs to eradicate problems,my hard drive has write cache enabled and when looking at admin tools theres warning that the drives is write cahed? help thanks for all the tech stuff its great

:eek:

sorry and also picked up a trojan in system32bat? managed to restore from norton but removing it stops my icons and system tray from appearing at start up anyone else had this and if so how do i get rid of the virus but leave my file intact

There's no such thing as "System32bat" in a Windows computer.. This is a "dummy" file that the virus has put there and is safe to delete.

Virus removal instructions can vary from virus to virus, but typically it is a good idea to update your virus scanner to the absolute newest definitions available.

Once you have done this, reboot into safemode and run a full system scan for viruses. The virus software should give you the option to repair files - Which should work for almost all files - And disable the virus so it will no longer spread.

Then it might be a good idea to run a SFC repair of your system files. START/Run/

Then type in: sfc /scannow

This will run System File Checker®.. Be prepared to have your Windows CD ready as it will compare system files on your computer with the ones on the CD. Any infected by the virus will be overwritten with clean versions from the CD.

Reboot, and it should be fixed.

If it persists, you may need a special removal tool or specific instructions from your virus scanner company's website.

thanks rick the file is called secure.bat and is infected antivirus cannot repair this? what is it for or is it another dummy virus thanks nick

Originally posted by Rick
There's no such thing as "System32bat" in a Windows computer.. This is a "dummy" file that the virus has put there and is safe to delete.

Well Done Rick.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back