Hard drives both unrecognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres the deal:

i got a old hp pavilion from some friends and it had a virus on the main HD so i formatted it and reinstalled windows.A week or 2 later i accidentally unplugged the HD and put it back in and now my pc doesnt recognize a thing.Ive gone into setup and tried to configure it and still nothing(recognizes CD-rom and floppy still), just starts up the goes to a "operating system not found" screen.I have tried reinstallin windows 98 again but it just cannot find either hard drive. PLZ HELP. i dont anything else to try so thats y im here.

I can give u any info on this pc to help me out here.All help is appreciated

Did you do the unplug thing while the computer was running? IDE devices are not hot-pluggable and there is a good chance you damaged the hard drive or the IDE controller..

Did you reconnect the cables just like they were before? Are they all properly plugged in, no bent pins?

yes

it came unplugged while it was off...but i may have pushed it in while it was running. The light does come on ,on the hard drive, but just stays on like its continuosly trying to read it, and doesnt seem to be making any noise,so im guessing its fried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back