Hardware Performance Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chunky_cheese

(Update)
Okay, so my D-link DWA - 552 Network Card should be working fine, I get a 100% signal and it worked right out of the box.
Also, I have a MSI P965 and the two are not getting along, my video lags, my soundcard pops and my ram lags, when I remove the network card the computer runs fine.

D-link has told me that they have never seen a problem like mine and that their card is compatible with all motherboards, MSI wants me to send them oodles of information just to have a CHANCE to talk to an RMA. One I speak with the RMA I am to call back D-Link.

Does anyone have an answer to my problem?

[Oldmessage]Hey there, I have a bit of a computer problem, maybe someone can help me out.

I just recently bought a new computer, 1.8ghz dual core, 2 gigs pc6400 ram, GeForce8800GTS 640 mb, something a little fancier to suit my gaming needs, and I just moved...

Ever since the move I've noticed some things different, such as my sound skipping and popping (Even on different speakers and headphones) and things such as flash games, game applications, and videos will all peridically lag, I can still achieve the same framerate with them but it will fluctuate between my desired framerate and one much lower, or give me terrible lag perodically. I fear that it may have suffered some damage due to a drop and I need to pinpoint the exact problem before I go any further, can someone help me out? I can give more information if needed.

EDIT: I've narrowed it down to a hardware conflict with the new network card I installed.
[/oldstuff]

um, how hard did you drop it?
Make sure you install all the necessary drivers for your hardware

To my knowledge it was never dropped, basically put in the trunk of a car in the case's box, with things on either side of the computer in the box. Though I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the soundcard for sure, and possibly the whole motherboard.

First, take out the soundcard and see if the problem persists. You may just have a bad soundcard or some kind of conflict, etc.

Okay, so I figured out so far that it was actually my D-Link Network card that was conflicting with my computer, how would I go about fixing this issue?

It is the "D-Link Wireless N DWA-552" card.

hey chunky_cheese... you say it was your network card conflicting with the computer.... what sort of conflict are you talking about? and with which component/s is the card conflicting??

Spyder_1386 :)

Everything runs fine when I boot up the computer with the new network card, the problem is that the video card lags and the soundcard is popping and such... I don't know the exact name of the motherboard but I do know it's an MSI and the video card name is in my first post.

I was doing some reading about it from a software conflict help guide on the microsoft site, though it was for windows 98 (I run XP SP2), it said something about strings of data conflicting, hope someone can help me out.

hey there.... u say u'r running a geforce 8800GTS on windows xp?? the 8800GTS runs on directX 10 and not on directx 9. That means u have to upgrade to vista(since directX 10 is not for XP) to run it properly.... thats to the best of my knowledge

These hardware conflicts started after I installed my network card, it is the card for sure because I took it out and everything was just peachy.

and thanks for the heads up on vista, I should go pick it up when service pack 1 rolls around.

Spyder_1386 said:
hey there.... u say u'r running a geforce 8800GTS on windows xp?? the 8800GTS runs on directX 10 and not on directx 9. That means u have to upgrade to vista(since directX 10 is not for XP) to run it properly.... thats to the best of my knowledge

I gently believe that is in-correct.
You may have to tell Nvidia to stop producing drivers for the 8 series cards and ATI for the HD in XP then.

I contacted D-Link and told them that my motherboard is acting up with their network card, they told me it was fine on all boards, but my board is fine on it's own, what the fax.

could be the unit itself. if you can get a replacement, then do so, even saying to dlink that you got a faulty card or something...

Spyder_1386 said:

u are wrong. I am running a 8800 gts (640MB) on this computer and it runs perfectly fine, it will also run on VISTA and use the DX 10. and if u check they are going to put directx 10 out for XP although it has not been stated officially yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back