Hardware problem???system just hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was installing a new floppy drive & something went wrong. system hangs with just the P-4 picture on screen on bottom I have choice tab to show post or del to enter set up. Problem is tab w/not show post nor will del enter set up. I reset cmos, I repluged in everything one at a time. I held ondown the tad a power up it showes on post only processor and memory & when I held down del at power up it says set up but thats it nothing happens.I'm totally lost can anyone help me?

1-dvd-r,1-cd-r/w, 1 h/d and the floppy. orginally I built this machine w/out a floppy. I was only installing it because my dell took a dive when I was reinstalling norton and I needed to may boot disc.

I'm assuming the computer boots w/o the floppy installed; therefore it's either something wrong w/ your PSU or your BIOS. The floppy drive may just not work right. Just go buy a new one @ newegg.com - or get an external one.

thats part of the problem the system will not boot up it hangs at the first phase I cant even get the cd-roms to open so I can try booting from xp disc

as I mentioned I tryed to eliminate each devise starting w/the floppy to find the problem but I can not clear the screen from hanging @ the pentium-4 picture which is the first thing it shows before at start up sequence. I got it down to only having the m/b pluged in and I get the same thing.
any suggestion?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back