Hardware utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here, and probably won't post much, since I don't know nearly as much as most of you. I'll stick to reading and learning.

The question that I have... Some time back I had found a little program that would list out, in plain english, what exact hardware I have installed on my computer, including manufacturer, and all. I have lost the program, and want it back. Anyone ever seen such a program?

The reason that I was wanting it is so that I know exactally what drivers I should be looking for, when I go to update them. (obviously I didn't build the computer. Del did)

Thanks for the help...

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

One program which lists a lot of the hardware you have installed is Sisoft Sandra. It doesn't show everything, but will cover monitor, video card, sound card, (possibly) motheboard).

But if you've got a Dell, wouldn't it be easier to visit their site and enter the service number you've got on the back of the computer? Then you should get a list of what parts are in your computer and what the latest drivers for each part is.
You can enter the number here...

MrGaribaldi said:
:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

One program which lists a lot of the hardware you have installed is Sisoft Sandra. It doesn't show everything, but will cover monitor, video card, sound card, (possibly) motheboard).

But if you've got a Dell, wouldn't it be easier to visit their site and enter the service number you've got on the back of the computer? Then you should get a list of what parts are in your computer and what the latest drivers for each part is.
You can enter the number here...

Good advice. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the help.

ddodge said:
I am new here, and probably won't post much, since I don't know nearly as much as most of you. I'll stick to reading and learning.

The question that I have... Some time back I had found a little program that would list out, in plain english, what exact hardware I have installed on my computer, including manufacturer, and all. I have lost the program, and want it back. Anyone ever seen such a program?

The reason that I was wanting it is so that I know exactally what drivers I should be looking for, when I go to update them. (obviously I didn't build the computer. Del did)

Thanks for the help...
ddodge,
I think your looking for Everest-Home edition. The company that made the program doesn't support this free version anymore. However you can still download it from here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back