Has Anyone Heard of Albatron Motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc14

I am thinking of getting one of these mobos:
Albatron PX875P PRO Intel 875P P4 (Northwood/Prescott) 800FSB Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, LAN, Serial ATA
for a rebuild of a Dell that I am doing. Has anyone ever heard of this manufacturer? It was recommended by a guy on another forum and I was interested in some other opinions. Cheap for a 875 chipset. I'll be plugging a P4 2.66GHZ Northwood into it and hopefully O/Cing it to 3.0 or better.

I've seen/heard of albatron, but I wasn't aware that they were bad.

If you're redoing a dell, you might need a micro atx board, I did on my dell mod.

I used a gigabyte in my dell system.

This is a rather unique situation. It is my wife's PC, a Dell, and has a 6800 vanilla installed. It is way more than enough for what she does and in a couple years, when I upgrade, I'll pass my 3500+ to her along with a 6800GT PCIe.

Right now I just want to move her system into my Lian Li PC60 case as I am getting a V1000 next week. At the same time I am going to upgrade her system slightly IOT make it more responsive. New mobo so I can O/C the CPU and probably a larger SATA HDD. I have a Fortron Blue Storm PSU as well as a GB of Corsair RAM from another build and I figure I can reallly get her system moving as the Northwood is a decent CPU.

Purely a selfish pursuit as she is satisfied with it but I want to tinker a little and get it going faster.

The Dell mobo, HDD and case and RAM will be spares or I'll pass it to my brother's boys so they can start tinkering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back