Hauppauge TV card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker1

I installed this card recently, and although it works...not very well. It has to do with the reception that I'm getting on broadcast with an antenna. I bought the best amplified antenna that Walmart had, but it doesn't help much. There is no reason that I shouldn't get better reception in my location on a regular TV. It probably would work okay if I were willing to get cable service, but I'm not. Is there anything else that I could try?

Sometimes the best antennas to get are roof mounted ones that are very large. I have had problems with reception with amplified antennas from the store as well. I never found a solution, except using a roof mounted antenna.

poertner_1274 said:
Sometimes the best antennas to get are roof mounted ones that are very large. I have had problems with reception with amplified antennas from the store as well. I never found a solution, except using a roof mounted antenna.

Unforltunately, I can't do this. I live in an apartment complex, and they have rules against such things.

ripken204 said:
the hauppauge cards are the best tv cards out there, sucks that u have to use an antenna tho

I bought the cheapest version available (due to rebates), and it uses the CPU for processor, rather than an onboard processor, like some of their more expensive versions. The only drawback that I have noticed is that it tends to rev the processor...naturally. Yet, I'm wondering if the better cards would also have better reception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back