Have sata questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currenlty doing some research on a new rig and I have some sata questions. I'll just get to them, pardon my noobness.

1/ Does sata have to be raided?

2/ Can I use a 10krpm primary boot hd along with several 72krpm storage hds? (all sata)

3/ will windows recognize my 10krpm hd as a c:\ through sata? And furthermore, list the remainder normally?

4/ What would be your best configuration to included a sata optical drive?

I might have a few follow up questions. Thanks in advance :)

1/ Does sata have to be raided?
Nope. They can be set Raid, which has its advantages, or set up as individual HDDs.

2/ Can I use a 10krpm primary boot hd along with several 72krpm storage hds? (all sata)

Yep. Just install your OS into the 10k HDD and set up your other ones as storage.

3/ will windows recognize my 10krpm hd as a c:\ through sata? And furthermore, list the remainder normally?
It will assign letters automatically or manually when you set up your OS, starting from C:\ for the system drive (can be set to a different letter - not recommended) then the rest of the letters as they are available to other storage devices. Kinda like what happens when you plug in a USB flash drive..

4/ What would be your best configuration to included a sata optical drive?
Not any sort of real advantages as of yet, but if you like everything to have the same plug, then by all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back