Have you had a BSOD?

I had one after I installed outdated drivers that came with a EVGA graphics card, but that the only I can remember.

None on Xp, but some on my previous computer (they ran on ME, or 98/SE).

Yeah I get one now and then running xp media center but never got one on some of my systems others werent so lucky...

Fortunately, aside from beta versions, windows 200 and XP are much more stable than previous windows versions. A BSOD is almost always hardware/configuration related.

Got a couple when I had the BIOS configured incorrectly for my RAM.

I get the black screen of death on my Powerbook about once a month, and lockups regularly, got to send it back to Apple sometime, good thing I bought AppleCare.

Back when XP first came out I had a GeForce 2MX card and it would continually BSOD with an infinite loop error. Curiously all the Whistler betas I ran never expierenced those. It took quite a while before MS and nVidia got on the right page and the BSODs stopped.

It's extremely rare that I get BSODs and most of the time when I get them they are because of my overzealous overclocking attempts. :D

I got a BSOD on wednesday and apparently according to the minidump, the culprit is either faulty ram or mobo. However, it hasn`t happened since, so I`m not too worried at the moment.

Regards Howard :)

I got one when... I don't remember exactly when but I either plugged in or unplugged the power from an internal CD drive while doing something on the computer.
Windows also had troble booting after that...

Is the BSOD that funny look your spouse has on their face when they discover you have purchased a new motherboard, or is it when you buy a new 700 GB hard drive? I suppose the purchase of a new version of Photoshop could do it as well?

Back