Having a problem with fps on CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a new laptop and the specs are
1.6ghz dual core
1gb of ram
graphics card is mobile intel(r)945gm/gu express chipset family
i get around 20-30fps on counterstrike, can some1 tell me how to get it to the best fps possible for my laptop.

Well the main reason of your FPS is because it's a integrated videocard, It could run the game on probably low-medium with decent FPS but no integrated card is made for gaming... I don't think you can upgrade your videocard for Laptops

Do this:

save the .txt file attached to this reply and save it in C:/Program files/Steam/Steamapps/your email name/Counterstrike source/CFG

Make sure to resave it as autoexec.cfg ( since I cant upload a .cfg file, Dont just rename it autoexec.cfg because it wont work )

When you load Counterstrike source it will have my custom CFG I made for max performance, you'll get around a 10-15FPS boost so I guess you have to live with 45FPS :)

Attachments

• autoexec.txt
    300 bytes · Views: 17
Oh CS... Thought you meant source ( Alot of people play it here ;) )

Then forget what I just said since that .cfg only works for the source engine

Try this: go to console and type fps_max 70 it will increase your max FPS on your game, If it still doesnt work then you could try getting a new videocard?

I don't think it's possible :(

And TP, that fps_max command is just going to lock the frame rate to 70, not increase it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back