Having problems with Geforce Ti 4200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I'm not sure if it's the drivers I have or what. Ever since I had to reformat and I installed my drivers my graphics card has been acting up. An example would be, when I'm playing PSO or L2....the graphics shift contstantly on my character....it's weird to explain. I've tried all kinds of drivers and it has yet to fix the problem. I took a screen so maybe it would help those understand my situation.

If you look close enough you can see how the characters clothes warp...it does that a lot worse in game so it's hard to get a screen.

it is probably your ti4200 going bad. there were a large batch of those cards sold with defective capacitors. that is a fairly old card.

You could try troubleshooting that card...however...given it's age and the (no doubt) countless hours of sheer fraggin' pleasure you've gotten out of it, I'd say bury that card in a place of honour and move on.

I think the sweet spot right now for AGP is the ATI x800. I always combine features with price to determine value and I think this will be the best bang for the buck (let us also not forget the harder availability of the 6600 or 6800gt AGP cards).

Now...feel free to discuss.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back