Having problems with My sound device Avance Ac97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well basically i hear the sound fine but when i play games and everynow and then my speaker's change from normal to echo.

so i open up my AC97 Audio Configuration panel and it has automaticaly changed its enviroment From <Normal> to Cave or Arena so it echoes or gives it a strange sound.

Does anyone know how i can possibly fix this beacause it is Very annoying..
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

A couple of thing you can try.

Uninstall and reinstall your sound drivers. Check for any updated drivers.

See if that fixes it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Do you use Realtek's Avrack ? because I use AC97 sound and had a similiar problem turns out effects e.g echo in the Avrack program affect all other sounds in other programs. Just turn it off in Avrack if you have it.

yer....

ive got av rack and i am useing the same one as you just dont see how to turn enviroment off

ive already got it set to <none> dont see off but it changes back

It would probably be best to uninstall avrack and reinstall again if that fails then howard_hopkinso's suggestion should fix it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Daniel.v said:
Well basically i hear the sound fine but when i play games and everynow and then my speaker's change from normal to echo.

so i open up my AC97 Audio Configuration panel and it has automaticaly changed its enviroment From <Normal> to Cave or Arena so it echoes or gives it a strange sound.

Does anyone know how i can possibly fix this beacause it is Very annoying..
Thanks in advance.
Hi, stumbled across this site (and this thread) by accident whilst Googling something else. If you are still having this issue, I had the exact same problem - every time I launched a game the audio configuration changed to 'Quarry'.

Problem was fixed with an updated driver (for me and one other person on another forum), seems to be a bug with one of the AC97 drivers.

Get the newest driver from:

http://w3serv.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

Just download and install the driver for your operating system (ignore the top 3 in the list - Vista, Readme and Realtek Media Player). Its a very slow download BTW ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back