Having problems with Windows after installing a theme pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

blandino123

WELL JSUT TO LET YOU KNOW BEFORE I START I INSTALLED A PROGRAM CALLED VISTA INPIRANT ABOUT 1 WEEK AGO.IT GIVES WINDOWS XP THE APEARIENCE OF VISTA (LOG IN SCREEN,TASKBAR,START,PRGRAMS ETC..)ANYWAYS TODAY I WAS GOIGN TRU A RUTINE PC DUSTING TO KEEP IT CLEAN AT ALL TIMES.I DISCONNECTED ALL THE WIRES AND OPENED IT.I DUSTED IT AND CLOSED IT THEN I CONNECTED THE WIRES AGAIN.I TURNED IT ON AND IT STARTED UP LIKE NORMAL.IT WENT TRU THE SET UP OF STARTING ,LOADING IN OTHER WORDS, WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT ONES EVERYTHING LOADED IT WENT BLACK INSTEAD OF LOADING THE LOG IN SCREEN!!!
I GOT NERVOUS AND RESTARTED MY PC WITHT EH RE START BUTTON BUT STILL THE SAME!! I CAN HEAR ALL THE SOUND AND WHEN I CLICK ON MY MOUSE IT GOES GOOD.AND ITS NOT THE MONITOR BECAUSE IM USING IT FOR MY OTHER PC(THE ONE IM USING RIGHT KNOW)
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I WANNA RETURN TO MY OTHER PC!:mad:

Btw When I Installed The Vista Thing I Didnt Have Any Problems With It At All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the worst post I've seen in a few months. I've got a guide in my signature to help you out.

Boot up in safe mode and choose a restore point from when it last worked.

Edit: Holy crap, in the time it took me to write a reply you posted 3 more times. You've done almost everything wrong that you could have done wrong as far as posting etiquette and post content. Please read the guide in my signature before exposing us to any more of your posts.

From here:
To get into the Windows XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Yes. Now come on dude, I know you are concerned, but you continue to violate the guidelines. Think about your posts before making them, and if you need to ask another question, edit your post if nobody has replied inbetween.

You probably dorked up your system with whatever system files you screwed with to put a custom theme on. Hopefully a system restore will go back to before you screwed it up. If not, and you didn't break anything physically (or not connect properly) then you'll have to do a repair of XP. We've got a guide on that at the top of this forum.

But there is also a chance you broke or didn't connect something when you were messing around inside the case.

Are you getting any video at all when you initially turn it on? I had a hard time figuring out exactly what was going on in that mess above.

umm i have another problem.....
well i follwoed the instructions on staeting up in safe mode but when i get to the screen of turning it into safe mode my keyboard doesnt respond!!!
ugh help me again please any one

Not sure there is a way around that then without a different keyboard. Is your current keyboard wireless?

Try the keyboard you are using now.

umm yeah idk y it isnt responding im using wire key board. it jsut goes off and i can do nothing inside the safe mode screen

i have some info to help you guys help me.
i tried runnign in safe mode and what apeared was this alot of times
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)/windows/system32/drivers/disk.sys
there were alot more sys but alot named disk.sys
at the end it said soemthign about ESC TO CANCEL LOADING SPT.SYS
i dried starting as LAST GOOD CONFIG which didnt work eather
i then tried DEBUG MODE which didnt work eather. after that i tried normal starup and no it didnt work. omg please some one help me!!

omg it didnt work i did exacly what it told me to do. ugh ugh ugh well ima have to swallow my pride and take it to a repair shop. =-[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back