having some problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I really need help with my computer, it keeps showing up these pop-ups. Those I can see are FindTheWebsiteYouNeed.com and ad.firstadsolution.com and something that sounds like, globaladvertising.com or something. Could somebody check out my log?

First off don't use IE ever. A few of the better freeware tools are spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, and spysweeper.

hi annoyedtodeath.
you have a few nasties on your pc. go here. be sure to follow all the instructions then post a fresh hjt. dont foget to re-name htj too.

sorry altheman, i shot past your post and missed it

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. This is a huge security risk and has no doubt contributed to your problems.

Download and install the free AVG antivirus programme and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes. You can get them HERE, HERE and HERE.

Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by AVG and reboot your system the required number of times. Run the AVG updates.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run a full system scan with AVG and delete whatever it finds. This includes anything in the virus vault.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Then, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and Ewido logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of annoyedtodeath only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you so much guys for replying, but I've decided to just have the pc reformatted. I'm so sorry to have been a bother, but I was just so fed up with this computer!

Anyway, I still need your help. What should I do to, um, avoid getting the same problems again after the reformat? Thanks again.

No problem mate. Sometimes it`s the easiest way to deal with infections.

The antivirus programme and one of the firewall programmes I linked you to, will help to keep your system safe.

Using Firefox instead of IE will also help to keep your system more secure.

Ewido/Spybot search and destroy/Adaware/Spyware Blaster will help to keep out and kill a variety of nasties should they be needed. These are all free applications, just Google for them.

Take a look at this thread HERE. It will show you how to keep your system more secure.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of annoyedtodeath only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back