Having Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
i seem to be having some sound problems, and i cant remember what i did...i dont claim to be an expert in software issues but heres some background info.

basically, sound is messed up when i playback mp3s on winamp and doing gaming...there is sound coming out....but its partial...like certain parts of song is faded out...or very soft...the bass and stuff come thru clear and all...its jus that when the ppl starts to sing...its very very faded....does this makes sense? im sorry, i dunno how to explain it better

device manager says im using a, Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller...its an onboard sound card with my motherboard

i really would appreciate some help on this, i have tried reinstalling the driver and also restoring my system back a couple of days, which doesnt helps.....im using Windows XP Pro

i hate to have to format my harddisk :( but i think it must have been because i uninstalled a software called MUSICMATCH a couple of hours ago tat did this....stupid me....

hope someone can help me out on this...thx

regards,

Check your device settings for audio are using the internal sound card.
Also remove and reinstall all items relating to music in windows setup.
If all else fails try reinstalling musicmatch to see if it was this that caused the problem.

Good luck

thx for the quick reply

-where do i check that audio is using internal sound card?
-where do i find windows setup to remove and reinstall all things related to music?

musicmatch was not installed manually by me, it was probably installed the same time as i installed kazaa or watever it was, i cant remember wat it was that came with musicmatch

i checked device manager and they all say device is working properly and theres no conflicts whatsoever, so why is my sound messed up? i jus downloaded the realtek AC97 a3.50 driver on techspot (i.e. this site)....installed in, still doenst solve the problem

thx

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back