having trouble with my graphics card, im trying to play NWN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a s3 graphics card prosavageddr is this a compatible graphic card or not? and if it is what do i have to do? everything else seems to be working.
i keep getting a error that says "cannot find compatable direct 3d device" if anyone knows let me know

simon

Go to my guide and this should help:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic61153.html

Personaly to tell you the truth I never heard of your videocard :haha:

Neverwinter Nights 2 needs a really good videocard to play it ( atleast series 7+ like the nVidia 7800 to run it with good Frames per second )

Hope I helped, if you have any problems or questions just ask :)

yeah he put it all together so I just copied and pasted it because I didnt feel like scrolling up to see what he wrote :haha:

Well, I dont like PCI because you cant really game with it ( except for games like WoW and stuff but WoW is really boring ;) )

Plus im more of a RTS / FPS guy instead of MMORPG

i think his video is onboard...and not really a PCI or AGP slot video card...

atleast thats what i think...i have s3 prosavage driver as my onboard video

:)

Yes it is an onboard card. Simon would need a standalone AGP/PCI/PCi-E video card to have any hope of playing NWN2. Just post your computer's motherboard brand name and model number and we'll tell you what card is appropriate for it. Download SIW from here and run it. Click the motherboard option in the left pane and in the right pane, some information about your motherboard will appear. From this, tell me what is under Manufacturer and Model. These will be the first two options on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back