HD defect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, if got a question

i have a 160G noname Harddisk, bought it a year ago in germany and used it as an extrenal HD conected on USB.
I went to Seattle for 3 Month and used it there with an american power adapter for 110V... did run a little slower as in germany but i still did work. So now, when i came back to germany and plugged my HD in the PC it totaly crashed and all the files were deleted (wierd pathnames and filenames, not accessable) so i formated it and recovert almost 90% of my file with getDataback.
K now, here is my point... i have now 2 Partitions on that HD in makes sounds like an old P386 and it is slow I plugged it on the IDE port but it is as slow as it would be on USB... if i try to format it it will stop at 23% and won't move on ... ... i am able to use 20G of my harddisk but the rest can't be formated ... it there maybe a chance to repair the HD with any software or is this a hardware defect and i have to buy a new one?

Thanks for reading this.

Blaukopf

Hard drives are not something you can put together in a small shack in the chinese countryside. That drive has a real manufacturer. Look for serial numbers on it or what is being reported by the BIOS. The maker of the HD can be recognised by the serial numbers and after that you can use the respective disk diagnosis tool to find out for sure that your disk is dead.

In my young years i drank to much... so it is "besoffen" ;) Had also blue hair for 1 1/2 years, that where my nick comes from.
Thx for the URL i'll check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back