HDD does not accept W2000 or XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmv56

When trying to install W2000 or XP on this HDD (Fujisu MPE 3084AE) its stops and report it as being impossible.
I woud like to do (good opportunity!) a low level formating of this drive...but cannot get the file...ANY IDEA WHERE TO GET IT??

I am sure the error message is not "impossible."
Perhaps you could give us a bit more detail on what the error message says.
You can get low level formattting, or setup, software at the website of EVERY hard drive manufacturer... it is available by download, if it was not received with your hard drive.
If you cannot find the site, do a good search. Maxtor, Quantum, and Seagate are all available at www.seagate.com. Western Digital, Samsung, Fujitsu, Toshiba, Hitachi, and Tri-Gem all have their own websites where the setup software is available free by download.

Why do you think you need a low level format? Why can't you find the file? What file? Where have you looked?

Boot up off the XP cd, in the XP setup where you choose the hd and partition, delete all the partitions, create a new one, format NTFS (not quick), and install. If that doesn't work post back with details of why it doesn't work.

I have the necessary files for low level formating although I have not done it yet (lack of time!)...
I believe this was due to an attempt to update a '******' version of XP...the error message is signature error error code 800b0100...
Thanks for helJMV

XP install then ACDsee/winzip

Low level format of HD did solve the installation issue so now XP is OK.
Another of question then....

-when attempting to install ACDsee it reports error 1335 data1.cab corrupt then error 2350 and abort....any ideas?

What version do you have and are you installing or reinstalling? If reinstalling, have all of the original version files been removed from your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back