HDD not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!!
Please help me! It's very very important and urgent!!!
My HDD (ATA, Samsung MP0804H112004) is not detected any more. Neither BIOS can detect it, nor OS (I tried WinXP and Linux. Rescue CDs and etc. I also tried). I tried it as primary and slave, with different PCs, different jumpers possitions, etc, etc... Nothing help. It seems (one can hear it) that HDD tries to start but can't. It remembers me problems with servers which are working in 24h/7d mode for years and one day couldn't come up after shut down. One must bring them up and they would work but problem is to bring them up. The same as with my poor HDD. I would be glad to hear any ideas. It seems I tries everything.
Now the story of the crash. This morning I started my notebook as usual and it worted fine. I shut it down and make some other stuff. About 2 p.m. I tried to boot my notebook but HDD was not detected. Pretty short story.
P.S. My HDD ist about 1 year and 2 months old. HDD itself does not matter for me but I MUST rescue the data on it!!!!

Yes it sounds like the hard drive is shot. You could download and run some tests from here the Ultimate Boot CD has some good tools to check Hard Drive and Bios. Just read the info I gave you and give it a shot. Download the files, burn the iso and boot from the cd.

I have already tried Ultimate Boot CD tools. It does not help - the tools could not find my HDD. Btw, the correct url (for not Windows users LOL ) is http://www.ultimatebootcd.com
Any other ideas, guys?
I am sure it's electrical failure cause I did not have a head crash.

The problem that I could not detect the HDD!!! And HDD must be detecting in order to use these tools.
My problem is not to find a tools, my problem is to detect the HDD. Just bring it up. But it's trying to spin and fails.

If the hard drive has failed then no matter how hard you try you won't be able to access it until you install another hard drive then use those tools to access the hard drive as a slave or secondary master.

If the platters arent even spining up then your not going to get anythigh off if that hard drive unless you pay big bucks to a professional recovery outfit to get the data. so unless your data is worth about 1,000-1,500 dollars to you, it's gone.

Hard drive has had it, these things happen (especially in portable devices) - they are mainly caused by being moved around too much,.

Regards,

Korrupt

Thanks for your answers but I do not need to hear "**** happens". I must rescue my data that's why I need advices how to do it.
I opened the HDD and it seems that one of condensers is burned out but I'm not sure cause sometimes they are just marked in black. This case it's very difficault to say.
My HDD still cant spin. Any other ideas?

You can purchase an identical hard drive and swap the damaged components, you can go to a data recovery expert and pay them up to $2000, those are your options. If the drive is still powering on, perhaps you may even use software to solve the problem.

Regards,

Korrupt

I've already ordered the same HDD but a delivery takes about 2 days. So I'm waiting for other ideas.
And no, I'm not going to pay about 2000 euro.

your hard drive has physical problem. data recover software cannot fix it.
i suggest you send it to local data recovery company.

You are going to have to swap the board with board from identical hard drive, there is absolutely no other option (aside from paying a company) I don't know why you didn't believe the guys that posted already in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back