HDD Not Initialized

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto_007

Hi, I had my second HDD's pin broke (1 pin in the middle) and could not load into window with my first HDD (OS xp) but after a few attempt by trying to fix it manually by sticking the broken pin into the original IDE's cable slot and hoping it close the circuit between the cable and HDD's pin.
Well it did load up to window but still it didn't work 100%, right now my second HDD is detected only in Computer Management and saying HDD Not Initialized, its gave an option to Initialize but getting an error every time I did so. Beside that its didn't give me any other option to format nor creating new partition except a dead end to Initialized.

Help me out here guyz, right now I'm losing my HDD and my files... and how am I about to get all the files back...

So which pin exactly was it?

A simple solution would be to get an identical hard drive and replace the PCB.

A more elaborate solution would be to have some skilled electronics guy solder a brand new IDE connector to the drive.

The second from then center counting from the red strip... I will try to get the expert sold it back tomorrow and see if it come back to life... thank nodsu

That description doesnt help.. Take a look at this pinout here: http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_IDE.html

The specific pin is very important: If you lost one of the ground pins then it could be shorted to one of the other ground pins (much easier than soldering all 40 wires). DMARQ signal is used only for DMA transfers, so PIO should still work. Nothing you can do if a data pin has gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back