HDD Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've built up a box with an ABIT BX6v2 motherboard, two CD-ROM drives, and two HDD, one 40GB and I'm not sure how big the second HDD is - both are Maxtor.

All drives are jumpered to cable-select. The two CD drives are on one IDE plug, the two HDD on the other. The C:\ HDD is intended to be the 40GB.

When everything was installed, we set the BIOS to boot order: C, then CD-ROM

Next popped in the WinXP install CD, and turned it on. Boot ran off the CD, came up and allowed us to format the 40GB drive and partition it, and the XP installer sees it as C:\. WinXP then copied over its install files and rebooted.

Apparently the HDD are not being detected. No matter what boot order I define in the BIOS, it appears to go straight to the CD.

I tried removing the CD-ROM from the drive and rebooting, then it fails and asks for a system disk.

I'm not sure what to try next in diagnosing/correcting the problem. I'd very much appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Many thanks!

--Christie

Well thank you for being very spefied
When instaling windoze make sure to delete eveything
make a new poration
leave it at DEFAULT poration size
do it to both drives
The fist one you do it to to will be C(Install WINDOZE on C drive if you want change it delete it and portion the drive you want)
Dont do a quick formatt
the cd will install genic drivers and other stuff in order to install WINDOZE
After it resatarts do the follwing
Set BIOS back to boot defaults
don't click any key when it says click any key to continue
the install will start automatically

Sorry for the mastakes before was on my Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back