HDD sata WD800 Lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZWERVER

Hi everybody!
i have a HDD sata WD800 and he is Locket up, when i try to format its dosn help. Is anybody know how i can remove password from HDD???
Thanks

Password? How do you know you need a password? Does it prompt you for a password? When and where does the password prompt appear etc..?

The most 'unstoppable' way to format a drive is to zero fill it. You can use one of the utilities listed here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

i have a IBM ThinkCentre desktop whit sata drive. When i want to boot windows from HDD there appears that i have to give a password....i had connect sata to another pc to do same operation but there says that cant format and read HDD. i have tryed with some tool, and there appear that hdd is lockup. So wHat i can do to remove password???

The ATA password is implemented on the hard drive itself and there is no easy way to around it. You can send the hard drive to IBM or WD or maybe some data recovery company..

Or just try to remember the password.

I don't need to recover my data..i want just format HDD it. I also heard, that password can be reset with some software like HDD lockup. Is anybody know about it?

What would be the point of the password if it could be easily removed by running a program?

I think there are some hard drives/BIOSes that implement the ATA password incorrectly and can be tricked (just google hdd lock password), but other than that, you need some special knowledge and hardware to get around the ATA security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back