HDD Silencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilomil

I have recently invested in several items in order to get my system silenced.
There among I bought a Watercool HDD-Dual for my hdd's which is a padded box to put the hdd's in and then connect it to the watercooling system.
However, I am not too satisfied about it. My hdd's are noisy yes, but it hasnt removed as much noise as I had hoped. I do not care about having my hdd's watercooled, I just care about getting it silenced. Passive is the best solution I think.
Anyone got a good idea for a product to my needs?
I could go invest in a new hdd but then again it would still need some sort of noise absorbsion. So I would like some sort of silencer better.

~Kilomil

A better solution is to purchase silent hard drives in the first place

Depending on your chassis, putting rubber gromits as washers between the drive and the chassis wall and the screw and the chassis wall will help quite a bit, too.

Yeah but still if I dont buy a new hdd.
The rubber washers wont do any good for me though as it is the hdd's itself that are noisy not the resonance.
In the watercool box they are not in direct contact with any metal...

~Kilomil

they look good, but i doubt they would be any different from the drive enclosures you have now, could you put a link to a description of the current enclosures you currently have?

if these encloursres dont work to your liking, there really is nothing else that you can do except get a new hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back