Hdmi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

HDMI, High Definition Multimedia Interface, now does it improve the visual/audio quality? and if so is it a noticeable change? I dont know much about the HDMI input but I just want to know since they're making a new xbox 360 version with HDMI, would it be worth it? If it does make a visual change is there any screenshot with and without HDMI?

Just a bit confuzzled lol :p

British_Command

Does it improve quality over what?

It won't be any better than DVI, but it is a huge improvement over analog connections except component*. It will be better than component* for 1080p, but for the 720 range there should be a negligable difference.

I think the huge push for HDMI is that it is a digital interface that supports content protection (bad for consumer) and it squeezes in audio in the same cable, so it is a neater/cleaner setup for AV systems.

*Error pointed out by vnf4ultra has been fixed

It won't be any better than DVI, but it is a huge improvement over analog connections except composite. It will be better than composite for 1080p, but for the 720 range there should be a negligable difference.

Your point is right, but you mean component, not composite.

Gah, you are right. And I always am on the lookout for that mistake in other people's posts :)

Thanks

Thanks for that, so HDMI would be better for 1080p tv's but not the 720 range, mine is a 1080i so it would be better with HDMI or would it not make much of a difference.

Thanks.

Probably would be better to invest in the HDMI, I'm a big fan of component, but it isn't the future, HDMI is. I think for the 360 it would be worth it, check out monoprice.com for cables, you don't need a $180 HDMI cable because it is a digital interface, the signal either works or it doesn't, unlike analog where there is a difference in cable quality.

And HDMI requires less cabling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back