Heading back to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Going back to the Moon
I think this is really neat, we're going back to the moon!....Please no one start posting political viewpoints about the President..cause you'll ruin the thread....I just think its awesome...:grinthumb

Also the article says
Observatories also could be built on the moon, and mining camps could be set up to gather helium-3 for conversion into fuel for use back on Earth.
What is Helium 3??

I think its great, especially since 80% of the world believes that we never went there to begin with(thats according to a statistic I read somewhere, so take it how you will)

I wonder why though, with the risks and money it costs.

It is the human nature to go out and explore and this curiosity is exactly why we are here and not sitting around and throwing poo at each other (instead we sit around and throw insults/bombs at each other).

A monkey went out on the limb, fell down the tree and survived to become the most advanced and dangerous species on the planet (the particular monkey was also rather dumb and hence we are the most stupid species on the planet too).
Another fought its fear of fire and captured it to keep the tribe warm and protect themselves from wild animals.
Facing the threat of drowing they made crafts to cross bodies of water.
Etc, etc.

Just think of the pictures well get this time!

Its a great idea, and as Nodsu points out, progress is what sets us apart from other animals. If we just sit around, then why should we even exist? I wonder if Bush has heard about the moon landing conspiracy theory? Maybe someone should tell him it isn't possible to send man to the moon. :) :eek: :blush:

Originally posted by Nodsu
It is the human nature to go out and explore and this curiosity is exactly why we are here and not sitting around and throwing poo at each other (instead we sit around and throw insults/bombs at each other).

A monkey went out on the limb, fell down the tree and survived to become the most advanced and dangerous species on the planet (the particular monkey was also rather dumb and hence we are the most stupid species on the planet too).
Another fought its fear of fire and captured it to keep the tribe warm and protect themselves from wild animals.
Facing the threat of drowing they made crafts to cross bodies of water.
Etc, etc.

Only if you believe in evolution...Which I do not...I dont consider myself to be a worthless result of an accident, something that kind of grew from a primortial soup or something. No I am far greater than any animal, and I was created by God...However if you'd like to think you are the great relative of a monkey, go ahead...that would make me feel kinda stupid....

going to the moon would be cool. we all want to know more about outer space.

however some people argue that going to the moon is not the best time. terrorism, poor economy, lack of jobs, the growing number of poor people and shrinking middle class, and other domestic problems that have not quite been resolved are some good arguments against going to the moon at the moment.

vassil and nodsu, get it right. according to evolution, we are allegedly to have descended from apes, not monkeys. the argument for and against evolution has been going on for a long time. i doubt one side will ever convince the other side. IMHO, it is better time spent worrying what we can do in the future to help humankind than bicker and hate each another for eons on how we got here.

Since apes and monkeys are the ONLY other animal on earth that has an opposable thumb, like humans, and since only 1 chromosome (or is it gene) seperates us, I have to lean towards the idea of evolution...rather than believe all of a sudden..."POOF", and we magically appeared out of nowhere...but that's just me, and I don't want to let this thread deteriorate into a debate in religion or politics...to each his own, live and let live...

Originally posted by vassil3427
No I am far greater than any animal

Dont understate Gods other animals, you might anger him and get sent to hell!

I think its both good and bad that we can now have helium 3 as a means of energy. Does it give of gases detrimental to our atmosphere? if so thats a bit of a bugger since everybody living in deserts wont be to good. But onthe positive side the fact that we have found a super potent fuel is great, means we dont have to install 20,000 windmills along our coasts to power a television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back