Heading out of town for a bit

SNGX1275

I'm leaving in about 5 hours to go to Denver, Colorado. Going to spend a few days out there, I'll be back sometime Thursday. I'm going to a Geological Society of America conference, lots of grad schools and employers there so I need to make some connections if possible. Should be a lot of partying going on in the evening as well.
See you guys Thursday.

I'm Back

Had a great time. Lemme see if I can remember enough of it to post:
Saturday 8AM - Leave Rolla
Saturday 10:30PM - Arrive Denver
Saturday 10:45PM - Walk to nearest bar
Turns out to be a local brewery only serving their own beers (Breckenridge (sp?) Brewery). We drank $2 pints until they closed at midnight.
Sunday 12:15AM - Walk to the best bar I've ever been in Falling Rock. We leave there around 1:30AM good and drunk.
Sunday 7:30AM - Wake up feel hungover - go to GSA conference
Sunday somewhere between 11AM and 1PM - Eat lunch at a local brew pub Bottom Rock and watch American Football on tv. Come back and talk to several graduate schools.
Sunday Evening - Unorganized and turns out 5 of us don't have a way to the meeting we are supposed to be at at 6PM. We decide to catch the 6:20 bus and show up a little late, well we catch the right bus, but turns out the bus was on its last route and wasn't going back to Downtown Denver, we end up 15 miles away from where we are supposed to be. Luckily we found a nice guy to drive us into downtown for free! We even offered to pay him more than it would have cost to get a cab.
Sunday Night - Go out to that cool bar again for a couple then come home.
Monday 7:30AM - Get up and go to convention
Monday 11AM - Decide we are tired with the convention and a few of my buddies and I decide to take a departmental rental van to Boulder and hang out there and go up in the mountains.
Sometime Monday afternoon - eat lunch at a pub and play free pool.
Monday 7PM - Go to some gathering that has $4 bottles of Budweiser.
Monday night - Go out to Falling Rock again and get extremely drunk and piss some people off.
Tuesday 9:30AM - Housekeeping knocks on hotel door, me and 3 friends are still passed out - missed the first part of the meeting.
Tuesday noon: Show up at convention, no one cared that we missed the am sessions.
Tuesday night - Go out somewhere and get pretty drunk.
Wednesday 7:30AM - Wake up hungover again, go to conference, actually learn some interesting things.
Wednesday 3PM - Leave Convention Center - leave Denver about 4PM.
Wednesday 10:30PM - Stop in Hays, Kansas to stay at a motel. Mike and I go buy 6 24oz. Cans of Budweiser for 3 of us.
Thursday 5:50AM - Wake up begin comming back to Rolla.
Thursday 2:30PM - Back home

Now I have to prepare for a presentation I have to give tomarrow and a quiz I have to take.

Cabrone and Phat - Couldn't make it to AZ if I wanted to, getting out to Boulder without getting caught was hard enough.

Welcome back SN! Maybe we'll get some activity in the irc room now.

LNCPapa

Saturday 10:45PM - Walk to nearest bar
Turns out to be a local brewery only serving their own beers (Breckenridge (sp?) Brewery). We drank $2 pints until they closed at midnight.
Sunday 12:15AM - Walk to the best bar I've ever been in Falling Rock. We leave there around 1:30AM good and drunk.
Sunday 7:30AM - Wake up feel hungover - go to GSA conference
Sunday somewhere between 11AM and 1PM - Eat lunch at a local brew pub Bottom Rock and watch American Football on tv. Come back and talk to several graduate schools.
At least you didn't dehydrate. ;)

Back